Instagram

Sunday 13 April 2014

31 Day Challenge : Day 13 : Animal Print

tiger-print-nails-stripes-orange-challenge

I am quite pleased with how these turned out, they are probably my best tiger print ever. There is that one stripe that is annoying me..... you can see it too now!

I began with the intention of doing half and half, tiger and leopard, but as I began to paint my pinkie, I changed my mind. I've done quite a few leopard print designs in the past, so this is quite different for me, and I kinda like it!

Silly me, I should have taken some how to pics along the way, but I didn't know it was going to turn out this good.

 

I started with a base of Rimmel - Oh, Mr. Darcy and let that dry.

Then using the Oh, Mr. Darcy, RCH - Front Row Orange and Rimmel - White Hot Love, I blobbed on some random dots to a cosmetic sponge, and dabbed it over the base colour. I think I did this 2 or 3 times, just to build it up a little.

The black stripes were done using acrylic paint and a striper brush. I'm so gad I opted for acrylic as it made the job much easier to do.

It got the seal of approval from my oldest daughter, she is a bit of an animal print expert these days. So I'm happy that she's happy.

Remember to check out what everyone else is doing for the challenge.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment