Instagram

Saturday 19 April 2014

31 Day Challenge : Day 19 : Galaxies

I have done galaxies before, but I wanted to do something a bit different this time. My attempt with special polishes (Picture Polish - illusionist & altered state), didn't quite work out, so I returned to what I knew.

galaxy nails

Excuse the bad photo, but I was trying to highlight the glitter "stars".

I used a sponge to add the lighter colours, all at the same time, over a base of Barry M - Black Multi Glitter.

The other colours were,

NYC - Lincoln Square Lavander & Blue Sky

Revlon - Midnight Affair

Models Own - White Light

Barry M - Shocking Pink & Diamond Glitter

 

After my standard galaxy base was dry, I got out my acrylic paints - black, white, red, orange, yellow, green and silver - to add some space stuff.

My arty skills are limited, but I just went for it, and again, I resisted the temptation to put in too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And don't forget my little green alien...... And that's how I did my galaxy nails, a little bit differently.

I am so not looking forward until tomorrow. It is water marbling...... Let's see if I can get a proper pattern out of it for once.

Please click through, and check out the challenge nails from the other girls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment