Instagram

Sunday 27 April 2014

31 Day Challenge : Day 27 : Inspired By Artwork

After some debate, I decided to stick to my original plan and go with some Charles Rennie Mackinosh inspired nails. And now I am glad I did, they turned out much better than I hoped.

I based these on various elements of lead lined windows and mirrors, using a mix of silver and black acrylic paint to do the outlines, to mimic pewter. The effect is fab, but not nice to photograph.

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was all freehand, and I started with a base of Ciate - la confidential, which is a perfect creamy white base, but needed 4 coats to achieve full coverage.

I then used white acrylic paint to paint on my guide lines. I used the following polishes to colour in the design:

Fearne - attention seeker

Barry M - cyan blue, fuchsia & blueberry

 

Then outlined the design with my "pewter" mix.

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure I'll be trying ones like these again in the future..... I'm just sad they need to come off for tomorrow's challenge.

Remember to check out what the other girls are doing for the challenge.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment